We’re so glad you are here and would love to feature you! If you can contribute to any of the following categories, email [email protected]
1. BABY LOVE
Introduce us to your children, share your birth story and let us know how you’re managing parenting.
Just answer the questions below and email your responses, along with 4 to 7 photos of your children/family, to [email protected] If your husband/partner is in the picture, make sure they are featured in at least one photo. Birth photos are also a nice touch.
1. What is your name and where do you live?
2. Are you a working mother? Stay-at-home mother? Work-from-home mother? A mother in school? If you are working, what field do you work in?
3. Are you a single mommy? A married mommy? An engaged mommy? A dating mommy?
4. How many kids do you have? How old are they and what are their names? How would you describe your child(ren)?
5. Can you give us a mini-version of your birth story/stories?
6. Do/did you breastfeed? Why or why not? How do/did you balance breastfeeding and working/managing your household?
7. How do you balance work and motherhood? How do you carve out time for yourself?
8. What is your biggest parenting challenge right now?
9. Who is your child-rearing support group? If you are married, dating or engaged, how does your husband/partner contribute to child-rearing?
10. How do you determine that your kids are happy and well-adjusted?
11. What is the most important value, ideal or philosophy that you want to impart to your children?
12. What advice would you give to a new mom?
2. BABY HAIR
Part of the joy of black mommyhood is the hair! It’s kinky, coily, curly, wavy and beautiful! Share how you care for your baby’s hair.
Just answer the questions below and email your responses, along with 3 to 6 photos of your child(ren)’s hair, to [email protected]
1. How would you describe your baby’s hair texture? Is it thick? Is it fine? Is it dense? Is it kinky? Coily? Curly? Wavy?
2. How often do you wash your child’s hair and what is your wash day routine? Please mention the products you use.
3. How do you style your child’s hair? What products do you use?
4. What is the rationale for your styling choices?
5. Do you have any general tips or tricks to add?
3. PERSONAL REFLECTIONS AND STORIES
Share the ups and downs of your journey as a mother. We want to hear your stories!
4. MOMMY HACKER
We mommies thrive on tips and fixes! Share your tips, tricks and fixes for making cleaning, recipes, potty training, breastfeeding, green practices, etc easier and simpler.